Plain or Peanut

Some days are melt in your mouth and some days are a little nutty.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Saturday with Cousin Jill

So Friday night my Cousin Jill and my Aunt Melinda came to TN. They came for our mamaw's birthday, which is today. Happy Birthday Mams! It was a great visit! I think Jill and I talked from the time they pulled up in the driveway until the time they pulled out of the driveway on Sunday morning. It was just beautiful. We talked about our families, our guys and when they have cooties, and a lot of cool stuff that only best cousins can talk about. She brought me a book called The Mystery of Marriage that so far I think everyone should read because everyone has told me and the Good Reverend to read it. And since I read the prologue, I think they are all correct. Maybe that's what I will do at work today! Thanks Jill!

So besides that, Jill and I ate lunch with Mams and the Moms (Tootle and Simp) for Mams' birthday. Thanks to the people at O'Charley's for surprising Mamaw with a sweet little birthday cake and rockin' birthday song. Jill and I then continued on to Old Navy and a really cool little shop called Apricot Lane. It's really girly and I love it. Jack says I'm not girly, but I'm all girl. I think that's good.

After the little shopping excursion, we drove across town to Pastor Jack's. His friend Aaron stayed with him this weekend, so Jack had a buddy and I had a cousin. Aaron is crazy. He is very funny. He works at Starbucks and told us his view of society through his work as a Starbucks barista. It's ridiculous to think of how sick and twisted our society has become, enough for a coffee cup emblem to be a status symbol!

Well, Pastor, Pastor's girlfriend, Pastor's friend, and Pastor's girlfriend's cousin (what?) all went to a Tennessee Smokies game. Those games are great! I sort of feel like I took a nap when I leave there because they are so relaxing. The baseball is just fun and the crowd is laid back and chill. The "entertainment" is typical minor league ballpark but it gets everyone involved. After chillin' at the game, we went back to Jack's and he and Aaron wowed us with their mad skills on the hammered dulcimer and the guitar. Let me just take a moment to brag on Jack! He is so talented and so humble, so I am the one that gets to brag. He played "Nothing but the Blood" on the hammered dulcimer and then let Jill go to town as well. I can tell she will blow us away, just as soon as her hubby Josh drops the dough for a hammered dulcimer.
This picture is not of Jack and Aaron. But it could be in a few years.

In further events, after Cousin Jill left and I finished crying because I was so sad, I held my own with the boys and we went to a hole in the wall called Union Jack's (no relation to my pastor), an English Pub. In keeping with the English tradition, they have a Pub Quiz on Sunday nights. You get in teams and blow everyone's mind with trivial knowledge. One of the questions, for example, was what word is said 776,000 times in the KJV of the Bible? Well, being with 2 delightful pastors with M. Div's, I thought we had that in the bag... but we didn't. They decided in the end that since it was at a pub, they wouldn't know the real answer.

Well, I think those are most of the entertaining bits from my long weekend. I am only working today and tomorrow and then the Good Reverend and I are going to spend some good quality time away from Knoxville. Where that is or who it's with I don't care! I just want time with my beloved. For my birthday I am getting 24 hours with him, no cell phone, doing something special and lovely. I can't wait!

5 Comments:

Blogger JiLL @ Lellowbird said...

It was so great to spend some QT wit muh CuZ!
What a momentous, memorable, memorial weekend.
Thanks Em for planning your life for a day around little me. :)
luv ya!
(hi to Jack from Jill)

11:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey enjoyed reading the post...thanks for the compliments. You're a joy to be with and it was a good time hanging out with Jill. Hope that we can have more good times with cousins this summer.

Jack

11:57 AM  
Blogger ImaMommie said...

The Cuzin fun has just begun! Soon we will be having a "second-Cuz" joining in! Can't wait... yay!

Sounds like you guys had a great time! Wish I could have been there! But, thanks for the blog - it made me feel as if I really was! :o) Love ya!

12:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh and you get to see me on Saturday night for your birthday (feeling neglected)...

10:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

6:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home