Plain or Peanut

Some days are melt in your mouth and some days are a little nutty.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Burnt Popcorn

Most days my job at the station ranks as the most boring job on the planet. Probably the galaxy. But some days I get really funny phone calls. Yesterday this man called and the conversation was the following:
(please read with a Tennessee good ole boy accent)
"Hey! I was the guy that got stabbed earlier today and ya'll's news was sayin' that I wasn't gonna press charges, but I am going to press charges! The police won't let me press charges, but I'm tryin and ya'll's news....."

He was stabbed and he was calling the news station!!!!! WHAT?!?!? Shouldn't he be in the hospital? Shouldn't he be calling his doctor? Good grief. Don't call me! I do wish I had asked him why he had gotten stabbed and what had prompted the person to carry through with said stabbing. And more interesting, stabbed with.... what? A pencil?

Something else interesting.... I got an email yesterday from a principal at an international school in Uganda, East Africa offering me an English teaching job! I mean, it wasn't a real "offer" per se, but she wanted to see if I would/could do it. How cool is that?! Although that is my dream opportunity, the only minor details are that Uganda is not safe what with all the political instablity, rebel warfare, displacement, economic crises, etc. and that I wouldn't/couldn't leave Jack... unless he wanted to go to Uganda too. I could probably call my best friend Nicole C. Mullen and ask her what she thought about Uganda. (Jode and I rode first class with her from Nairobi to Washington when she left Uganda... not really about the first class, but we were on the same plane.)
Nicole ----->
Jodie and I really do have pics with her and we really did have a conversation with her and she really is cool and we really did talk about her for 2 hours after we met her.

Your thoughts on the stabbing and Uganda are welcome. The station smells like burnt popcorn. They probably got distracted by the guy who was stabbed.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was a pencil.

11:25 AM  
Blogger JiLL @ Lellowbird said...

people are getting stabbed where you live and you're worried about a little political instability in Uganda?!

of course pencil-stabbing doesn't rate very high on the crime scale i guess.

congrats on getting an offer at least!

12:03 PM  
Blogger ImaMommie said...

Ummm... Nicole told me to tell you congrats for the job offer in Uganda. Niki and I are tight you know. We talk.

Your job sounds like so much fun! I mean... the phone call part. I don't know what the heck I would have said to the guy! Anyway, love your blog! It's the best EVER!

12:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey babe! Just thought i'd leave my first comment on your blog. You're beautiful and I love the thoughts. Thanks so much for thinking of me when Uganda comes calling! You might have a girl crush on Nicole C. Mullen, but she's not very available when it comes to taking you to dinner on a nice Friturday night. That's what I'm around for!

3:00 PM  
Blogger JiLL @ Lellowbird said...

What's Friturday? Do ya'll celebrate TURDS too?!?!

3:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, you're not worried about leaving ME when you go to Uganda! I see how it is. You fall in love or something and then Gina is down the tubes. GOSH! Anyway...you crack me up.

7:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

11:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

2:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

6:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home