Plain or Peanut

Some days are melt in your mouth and some days are a little nutty.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the lion sleeps tonight...


So the Good Reverend and I went to the Knoxville Zoo with all of the King family. It was loads of fun. Here we are with little Ellie and Anna Kate. They are both 2 and a half. SO CUTE. I never know what to do with kids. I never know what to say to them. I want to talk with them like they are 24 years old, but they are not, and I get worried that I am not saying the right things or am being really uncool. But with Ellie and Anna Kate, I do not have to worry about that. We are friends and they think I'm cool. Ellie calls me Em-a-lee and to Anna Kate I am Emiwee. Elizabeth is 4 and she is a genius. I really think she is smarter than me. I mean, this little girl recites the books of the Old Testament at the dinner table. She was recently learning the Minor Prophets.
This is the Good Reverend and I with the zebras in honor of Kenya and the zebras there. He is such a good sport. I tried not to be one of "those people" and talk about how the last time I saw elephants, giraffe, zebra, etc. I saw them in the wild in Africa. I slipped a few times, but I tried not to be a jerk. I think he understood. But I still think its really cool how the last time I saw any of those animals they were in their natural environment...


The End....

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so one of those people. "I'm, like, part African," said Emily.

5:20 PM  
Blogger josh said...

You're such a jerk.

10:50 AM  
Blogger JiLL @ Lellowbird said...

I don't think Jack does understand...I think he's hurt by your African remarks.

He made a comment to me one time...something about "dating an African-American"... ??

10:56 AM  
Blogger ImaMommie said...

You're SO black at heart. I mean you might as well move to the guetto. The "African" guetto that is.

Who cares if Jack doesn't understand. At least Nicole does.

11:18 AM  
Blogger JiLL @ Lellowbird said...

um Jode...you're the one who wanted to name your kid Mercedes.

11:19 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

Nicole always understands. Whenever I complain to her, she just sings "Redeemer" to me and it lulls me to sleep.

2:59 PM  
Blogger ImaMommie said...

It was going to be her MIDDLE name, not first... and who knows!? I still might do it if i have a second girl!!! :o) I love that name!

Good ol' Niki. She's the best. She always understands.

3:23 PM  
Blogger josh said...

Nicole is having a mini-concert before a birmingham barons (minor league baseball) game soon. I just heard that on the radio.

11:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Black at heart? Hardly. Black in da bootie.

12:25 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Osh I am so coming to B'ham for that concert. Mini or not, I'm there. Nicole will call me to invite me personally though.

12:36 PM  
Blogger ImaMommie said...

Em, she hasn't called you yet? Ummm... she called me like 5 months ago and told me about it. But I told her i prolly can't make it... cause of the baby and all. She said that's fine... she understood... she said something about sending my baby a gift or something.

1:25 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Of course she's called me! She called to ask me about your baby and what you might like. I told her to buy you a pony and that you would probably like some props at her next concert.

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home