Plain or Peanut

Some days are melt in your mouth and some days are a little nutty.

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Miss Emily

I know I haven't written on my blog in so long that most of you thought I probably quit. Truth be told, I want to write on my blog every day but can't because every school system in East Tennessee blocks cool sites like Blogger and Facebook. So... a lot has happened since my last post. Let me try to give a run down...

1. I was so miserable teaching at Farragut that I wanted to quit the program altogether. So my supervisors moved me to Greenback School. It is incredible the difference that made. It is also incredible the difference in Farragut and Greenback. For those of you who are unfamiliar... Farragut is in one of the wealthiest districts of Knoxville. The kids get cars when they are like 14 and have credit cards and homework is a family event. Greenback is in Loudon County... at least 30 miles from Knoxville. It is a K-12 school and everyone's favorite color is camo. They love biscuits and gravy for breakfast and they milk their cows before they catch the school bus. The main difference in the two schools is the people. At Farragut, I worked with teachers who still hadn't talked to me by the time I left. At Greenback, some teachers hugged me on my first day. The kids at Greenback are so sweet. I am in the middle school in the morning and 12th grade in the afternoon. I like middle school because they are young enough to still need me and think I'm cool, but they're old enough that I don't have to take care of them. The seniors are so funny because they just want to graduate. They call me Miss Emily. I love it!!

So, the coming week is my last FULL week of school. The next Thursday I have my exit interview to turn my portfolio in and be interrogated by my supervisors. I am so excited to graduate, but it's surreal since I have waited for this moment for two and a half years. And then... LIFE begins!!!

2. I have accepted a job offer to be the communications/PR director (or manager... we don't really know) at the new church we are going to, Apostle's Anglican. I am super excited to do this. The church is not even a year old and right now the pastor there is the only staff person. So he gets me in May and Jack in July. Which at first, Jack and I were both a little unsure of working together, but we've gotten used to the idea and our jobs will be so different, it will be fine.

3. We are looking for a house! It is really scary because that is what grown ups do. It's exciting too, of course.

4. Wedding things are going well. Honestly, school has had to be my first priority the past few weeks, which stinks. But in about 10 days, the wedding will start to take more shape with little details and things.

5. In two weeks, May 5, my brother graduates TTU and my dear friend Justin gets married! I am so excited for that day. And technically that's the day I graduate as well. I can't wait to see everyone in Cookeville and Nashville.

6. That is all for now. I hope I get to blog more when I am more rested and not all over the place, literally. I drive at least 55 miles a day. And I am so tired. I have never been this tired, emotionally, mentally and physically in all my life. I'm taking about 10 days before I start at the church. So I will blog then.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bro. Byron said...

Nice post. Your description of Farragut hits the nail right on the head. I live in Corryton out in East Knox Co. but I work in Farragut, the difference between the 2 places is like night and day and they're only 30 miles apart.
Good luck with the new job.

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home