Plain or Peanut

Some days are melt in your mouth and some days are a little nutty.

Friday, February 16, 2007

Inservice

It is weird that I just went to an inservice. I am too young to have to go to an inservice. That is for teachers. Oh, wait...

Yeah, so my life is crazy right now which is why I have neglected Plain or Peanut. Plus, Knox County will not let me get on blogger.com. Stupid public school.

I will do the mundane stuff first, then talk about the fun stuff. So, I have just finished six weeks as an 11th grade English teacher. And... it's so not for me. I always knew this semester would be a discerning period for me and to see if teaching was something I could see myself doing. It's not. But that's ok too, because at least I know now and am honest with myself. It's really hard being at Farragut for many reasons which I won't post here, but I know this is making me a better... something.

Anyway, on to the FUN STUFF. JULY 7th people!!! That's the day the preacher and I are gettin' hitched. We have been engaged for a little over a month and it's so much better than dating! We have most things planned for the wedding, thanks to my mom and my future cousin-in-law Allie. It's hard for me to do a lot during the day, so they have gladly taken over. What a great family we have. I would much rather spend my days drinking coffee and planning the wedding, but instead I am spending my days with snobby teachers and unmotivated sixteen year olds.


This is probably the most recent picture of us, but not the best. This was the day after we got engaged. You should ask me about how we got engaged because I would love to tell you!

Hopefully I will be able to post more often because we all know this is my favorite place to vent!

3 Comments:

Blogger JDL said...

What happened to May? It's a great month to get married.

12:00 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

The church was booked and it just wasn't going to work out with our school and work situations. 7-7-07 works for me though.

6:47 PM  
Blogger JDL said...

booyah

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home